Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Halloween!

My friends and I come from a theatre background, so we tend to take Halloween to an insane level.

There's something about donning a costume that can change your entire outlook on the world. They have a transformative property, an alchemetic quality that can turn the ordinary, everyday you into something spectacular.

I think that's why Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. While I definitely enjoy the socially acceptable excuse for folks to wear lingerie as clothes in public one night a year, I think it's that opportunity for all of us to step outside ourselves and into someone else that resonates with me most.

That for one day a year, the promise from our childhoods that we can be and do whatever we want literally comes true.


Here are a few of my favorite costumes; please check it out and, as always, enjoy: Look Ma' I'm an Alchemist!

No comments:

Post a Comment